Sunday, October 2, 2016

The end of assignment 3

Assignment 3 has ended for 1 week but till now I can have the time to write about it.

Finally after a very tedious week, we can deliver a pretty good application. The map is shown with the emoji. The news feed is live and very funky.

The thing I'm quite proud of is the real time feeds, comments and votes. Even it works pretty well but I dont think my solution is implemented properly. I think I should pick Firebase in the first place because it eases a lot of work. However, we were using SQL as the main database, I didn't want to use one more database to support extra features.

Another thing that I'm regretting right now is that I host SQL server by Amazon RDS service and it is costing me some money. After the first deployment, I should better create SQL server on the host machine. It is now late to change because the data will be lost if we migrate. However, one good takeaway is that I know how to use RDS service :D.

Overall, Im quite satisfied with my Assignment 3. Thank you Leon, Larry, Kai Yi. We made a great team. Let's pray for the best.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry but luckily you didn't pick Firebase in the first place. Using Firebase effectively removes the need to use a database layer and it wouldn't be allowed :P

    ReplyDelete